Building Wealth is a 12-week curriculum created by the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas with the goal of teaching personal finance and improving financial literacy.
In week 3 Students will:
• Describe the benefits of using a bank.
• Evaluate the role of banks as financial intermediaries between savers and borrowers.
• Compare various accounts offered by commercial banks.
• Reconcile a bank statement.
• Define and describe interest.
• Compare the growth of savings using simple and compound interest.
• Use the rule of 72 to estimate the time required for savings to double in value.
* Curriculum from dallasfed.org @budget2save