Financial planning works best with people who are willing to learn, grow and take action, and when there is a gap between where you are now and where you want to be.
Most of our clients are affluent or semi-affluent individuals and families who desire ongoing professional assistance and coaching in the creation and implementation of strategies to reach their life goals, as they may exist now or develop in the future.
Our firm has been recognized multiple times by Texas Monthly Magazine as a five-star wealth manager. However, we realize that our service is not right for everyone. Over the years, we have found that our firm works most effectively with people who share some or all of the following characteristics:
- An open mind and a willingness to creatively brainstorm with us—to engage in a continuing dialogue about the goals that drive their life values
- Willingness to make a shift in behavior if it furthers their long-term goals
- Considers our firm to be the chief financial officer of their personal and/or business finances
- Recognizes that we don’t have all the answers, and that financial planning—like life—is really not an exact science
- Realistic investment objectives and a willingness to communicate those expectations clearly to our firm
- Willingness to accept the investment returns offered by the market, recognizing that there is no foolproof way to “beat the market” or achieve above-average performance
- Sufficiently trusts us and our advice so that they commit to ignoring all financial porn (television shows, financial magazines, newspaper headlines, well-intended co-workers, friends, relatives and neighbors)
- Desire to have a financial plan that organizes their financial lives, and which uses their human and financial capital to create a result which helps them achieve their goals
- Willingness to look for other people who have a need for better financial planning service, and to refer these people to our offices for the same kind of help that they receive